Landscape planning and design
Sustainable development seeks to create a harmonious balance between the environment and modern-day development. Landscape architecture plays a key role in achieving sustainable design, and with a landscape-led approach this valuable balance can be realised.
Through our landscape assessment and design work, we help to create sympathetic developments that build upon the strength of the existing landscape and look to create more engaging environments, bringing benefits to the wider community, as well as working to enhance biodiversity and secure a sustainable future. With a keen focus on integrated design solutions from initial concepts through to site implementation, we achieve results that are well grounded and balance everyone’s best interests.
Consulting throughout the UK and across sectors, we consider fully the constraints and opportunities of a site and use these to inform its capacity for potential development. We work to achieve a best fit for the site and seek opportunity for landscape repair to better integrate new development within the landscape.
Our core landscape planning and design services are detailed here.
- Initial site appraisal to consider potential for development from a landscape perspective and to support site promotion
- Landscape and visual impact assessment
- Townscape and visual impact assessments
- Environmental impact assessment
- Planning appeals (production of evidence to expert witness services)
- Green belt assessments
- Design development concepts through to detailed design and specification of construction work, including overseeing of works on site (RIBA work stages 2-6)
- Landscape management plans and environmental enhancement strategies
- A multi-disciplinary approach to supporting the development of masterplans, including streetscape and public open spaces