Infrastructure / Civil engineering
Drainage and infrastructure
Our team has extensive experience in development engineering from initial concept and feasibility assessments to technical approvals and construction. Early pre-planning involvement provides us with a valuable opportunity to identify constraints and opportunities with site drainage, highways and earthworks. Our collaborative approach to sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) provides key design criteria to inform a masterplan and allow co-ordination with other technical services through the planning process.
We have a strong engineering capability to support our planning teams, with extensive experience of technical approvals and detail design to construction within all sectors of development, including residential, education and renewable energy.
- Feasibility assessments and constraints plans
- Utility searches
- Drainage strategies and technical notes to support planning applications
- 3D earthworks design – cut & fill
- External works design and level assessment
- Below-ground foul and surface water design
- Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS)
- Drainage section agreements (104 & 106)
- Section 185 drainage diversions and build-over agreements
- Land drainage consents
- Environmental permits
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Site supervision
Rappor has extensive experience in the design of highway schemes, together with the associated technical approval processes including Section 278 and Section 38 Agreements. Our experience ranges from the design of minor accesses through to complex junction arrangements and link roads, together with off-site improvement works such as traffic calming and pedestrian / cycle connections.
Working alongside our transport planning team, we can assist in the early development of safe, suitable and cost-effective access solutions to all types of proposed developments. We are then able to make the post-planning transition to support discharging of highway related planning conditions, obtain technical approval from the relevant highway authority for ‘construction-standard’ detailed design drawings, and assist the developer in obtaining the legal agreements required to undertake their schemes.
The team also has extensive experience of signage design, assisting developers in improving awareness of their scheme and promoting the efficient movement of people and vehicles through their site.
- Preliminary design and assessment of access options
- Detailed design of highway schemes to technical approval and construction
- Managing the Section 278 and Section 38 technical approval process
- Roundabout design
- 3D alignment design
- Pavement design calculations
- Sign design
- Cost estimates to assist with financial planning of schemes
Road Safety Audits
Rappor has an experienced and knowledgable in-house team of road safety auditors. Learn more in our Transport Planning section >