Rappor is seeking an Associate Director to join its busy and sociable Infrastructure and Flood Risk team. This post would suit someone who is keen to join a company that really puts people and culture at the heart of its business. The company is growing and ambitious, and wants to develop in a way that is shaped by its people to provide the best experience possible for its employees and clients.
Within your role you will:
- Project manage small to large infrastructure projects, from inception through to implementation.
- Financially manage projects from drafting fee proposals through to invoicing.
- Assist with the day to day management of your designated company office and technical staff.
- Oversee the preparation of technical drawings, such as sketch and preliminary designs and drawings for Section Agreements including S38, S104 and S278 and the subsequent negotiation of their approval.
- Client and design team liaison.
- Assist the Company Directors with strategic opportunities, business development and recruitment.
This position would suit someone who has:
- A relevant qualification in civil engineering.
- Experience of managing projects and being responsible for their commercial success.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise successfully with colleagues, clients and approving authorities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience of producing, development engineering designs.
- Good knowledge of relevant design standards such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, SuDs Manual, and the Water Industry Act.
- Leadership skills, able to manage junior staff in line with the company’s culture for developing and nurturing talent in a supportive and social environment.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Industry leading annual leave: 25 days, plus your birthday, plus the period between Christmas and New Year, and an additional day for every three years’ service up to an additional five days.
- The ability to work flexibly from our Cheltenham, Bristol or Bedford offices and from home.
- One of your professional memberships paid by the company.
- Private health insurance.
- Life assurance.
- 4% contribution towards your company pension.
People and partnerships are at the heart of Rappor and our team’s happiness, wellbeing and work/life balance come before any other indicator of our success. We were the first engineering company in the country to gain Investors in People’s ‘We Invest in Wellbeing’ accreditation, providing a range of tools for you to improve your social, physical and financial wellbeing. For example, we operate a cycle2work scheme, run weekly yoga classes and have a programme of inclusive social events where we get to know our colleagues even better. This, combined with the rock solid technical proficiency of our team, means that job satisfaction comes with the territory at Rappor.
Want to know more? Have an informal chat with our Infrastructure Director, Kris Tovey, on 01242 523696.
If you feel you would be suited to this role then please get in touch by emailing your CV and a short covering letter to Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter ‘Associate Director – Infrastructure’ as your email subject.